This is not so much a recipe as a guide to making great crumbs.
What you need is
- Puffed grains - whichever you like, although if they are bigger they will process more easily. Quinoa and amaranth probably won't work very well (but feel free to give it a go). I used a bag of puffed rice and half a bag of puffed millet.
- A large baking tray.
How to do it
- Preheat your oven to about 130℃
- Tip your cereals into the baking tray and put into the oven
- Stir them around every 5-10mins so none get burnt and once they have dried out and gone crispy they are ready for the next step. The time will depend on how many are in the tray and what grain you are using. When you stir them grab one and try to crush it, if it crumbles easily, they are ready.
- Put into a food processor and blitz until you have crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container.